THE VOYAGES APPROACH
VOYAGES features the best of what has come to be known as “communicative language teaching,” including recent developments in creating interactive, learner-centered classrooms.
VOYAGES provides students with natural, meaningful contexts in which to practice the communicative functions of the language. As such, it emphasizes the internalization of language structures and functions through practice in using the language from the very first day.
VOYAGES de-emphasizes the use of grammar rule memorization, overlearning, translation, and teacher-centered activities. When grammar practice and explanations occur, they are kept simple and are always embedded in real, communicative contexts.
VOYAGES emphasizes practice in all four language skills. In the process of helping students to acquire their new language, the teacher acts as a facilitator and guide in a student-centered classroom. The ultimate goal of this series is to provide students with the fluency needed to use English in unrehearsed situations outside the classroom. How is this goal achieved?
FEATURES OF THE VOYAGES
TEACHER’S RESOURCE MANUAL:
- A Unit Overview listing (a) topics, grammar, and communication skills and (b) skills standards using CASAS and SCANS competencies.
- Step-by-step, explicit instructions for taking students through each exercise.
- An Answer Key for each exercise.
- Tapescripts for all audiotaped material.
- Answers to Workbook exercises.
- All the materials for the mid-term test (see Unit 5) and for the final test (see Unit 10). These include:
(a) photocopy-ready student test pages
(b) complete directions for administration
(c) tapescripts for listening comprehension sections
(d) instructions for scoring and a scoring summary sheet
(e) answer sheets and answer keys.
- نوع فایل: PDF
- حجم فایل: ۴٫۴ مگابایت